Saturday, November 24, 2012

URI SMTOWN


Life is a miracle when you believe.

I know that i still HAVE to blog about camp but there's something else so much more important right now which i don't want to be an overdue post.

So just two days ago, i was really wallowing in self-pity about how i couldn't go for SMTown Singapore. Everything in life was just reminding me of them, and i even prepared a rant post about my emotions. Was even prepared to wear all-black the next day.

However, everything changed in just a few hours. Shervin called me, and told me that she had won tickets to smtownsg. I cried hearing that. I didn't know how to raise the thing to the 'rents,  but Shervin wanted me to go badly enough that she even talked to mum for me :') had a little talk with dad about smtown (and studies, of course -_-), which resulted in a lot of crying for me, but they allowed me to go in the end.

And yes, there i was at Marina Bay's Floating Platform in the afternoon yesterday! It was such a great concert experience once again, although SWC last year was still better, which left me with more memories. There were hiccups here and there, like technical difficulties (which resulted in the LED screen at our side not working and spotlights not working properly) and rain, but the artistes were all really professional :)

We were at moshpit A, and it was quite an experience because i was at the sitting area for SWC. Despite joining the queue only around 3pm while the other queued for a few days, we managed to get a spot quite near the front, maybe around the third row? There were so many people trying to get to the front so I couldn't breathe very well two hours into the concert, and i moved to the back. The back was so much more comfortable though, there was enough oxygen to go around, there was space to jump when the artistes asked you to, and you could actually see the artistes better.

f(x) was the first to perform with Hot Summer and Danger, and i screamed A LOT, because i actually have an inner aff(x)tion in me, just that they're not my bias group. I've always wanted to see them live, so yes, i had a lot of feels. Krystal & Amber greeted us in English and Victoria in Chinese. I felt that Sulli's hair was kind of awkward but it was cute! Luna fell, probably because of the slippery stage because of the extremely heavy rain earlier, but it was fine and she kept smiling! ^^

KangTa was up next, and he is extremely good-looking in real life *-* I almost cried just listening to him. He's such a great singer, but i think he should stick to ballads heh. He came out only once here and once during finale though. It was so sad :( he spoke in Chinese and talked about how the last time he came to SIngapore was 10 years ago!

After KangTa was the duet between ZhouMi and Victoria! It was so beautiful and I"m going to start shipping them for real. I've always thought they looked good together but this duet really did it for me :') After which was California Girls by the Jung sisters! It was so good really. Jessica was the first Soshi member to appear on stage, and I couldn't believe that i was watching SNSD live. There was a collaboration by Changmin and Kyuhyun too, and they pulled a fan up on stage, singing Just The Way You Are to her. After that was Oppa Oppa by Donghae and Eunhyuk.

And then Exo came out, and the screams made me deaf. A lot of Exotics were there, maybe because it's the first time Exo was in Singapore. All of them are better looking in real life, i have to say, all 40 of the SMTown artistes. we were supposed to sing Chanyeol a birthday song but i don't know what happened to that. I just couldn't believe that i actually saw Exo live.

SNSD was up next, and really, hearing Taeyeon live felt so surreal. I got to see SNSD's legs live, and that was part of my K-Pop bucket list heh >< just so, so glad. Got to see Taeyeon and Yuri up close and honestly i felt so happy. Love Sooyoung's hair ^^ I was disappointed they didn't do the remix version of Genie (the one with the rap) though, but i still  went crazy when i heard Tiffany scream "Singapore, put it back on!". Her voice gave me goosebumps. Their voices were so much better live, and they were prettier too ^^;;; Their English improved so much too, especially Seohyun!

SHINee came out with Lucifer after that, and they didn't sing the rock version of it either :( they did the new remix one though, with the dance break and all, and it was amazing. I was so glad that they were in front of my eyes once again. Just so happy.

Super Junior was up next, then TVXQ. I have to acknowledge the fact that i really, really like Changmin. I went crazy. I could cry looking at him yesterday. It felt so surreal. I couldn't believe that TVXQ was in front of me. Changmin and Yunho.

SHINee, Super Junior and TVXQ took turns to perform after that. There are 50 songs in total, and i don't think i want to describe every one in detail :p

SHINee was probably the funniest group yesterday, like they always are. Jonghyun was high, and many people suspected that he was drunk HAHA. He loudly asked why the LED screen was blue, and every one laughed. They also acknowledged us for being "professional fans", enduring the rain for them, and of course they thanked us, like they always do :') However, they had to shamelessly promote SWC II. The tickets must be selling really badly :( Onew asked "will we have a lot of fun that night?" which sounded so wrong hahaha. The translator said that SWC II was on Nov 8 and SHINee exclaimed that it was on Dec 8, before going on something about being professional again~ Taemin introduced "Love Like Oxygen" so cutely too! That's the maknae i always knew. I just want to replay that moment over and over again, because it was really too cute! Shall look for fancams of that after this hehe.

Super Junior was quite entertaining as well. Eunhyuk attempted to speak Singlish, and he added a 'lah' to all his sentences. "I love you la", "I am Eunhyuk la", "We miss you la"! There was a sentence where 'la' wasn't suitable, but i forgot what it was haha >< Eunhyuk also told us that he was replacing Leeteuk as the leader, and asked us if we objected to it before telling us that we had no choice xD Yesung then grumbled that Eunhyuk talks way too much.

Of course, TVXQ also thanked us all for the support despite the rain (actually all acts did). I loved Changmin's long speech about how he had worried of us backstage :') the artistes were all really caring, with Tiffany also telling us to stay dry and not get wet. Seohyun too, expressed her worry for us fans ^^  I love these people.

I was singing along so badly for  the DJ Got Us Falling In Love collab between TTS and Exo haha. The Like a G6 collab by Amber, Key and Kris was so damn good. Key came over to our side and i think he was the only one i saw who made and effort to wave at everyone :') when he looked in my direction i think i cried, and then i died. i don't know, Key is just so.....amazing. He was doing something to the camera, idk everyone said he was trying to have sex with the camera HAHAHAHA. His ass was really cute omg. He's the only one my sight followed all the time and not looked at the screen when he came to our side heh. So when he faced the audience on the end of the moving platform.... yeah i see his ass.

There was a dance battle and it was a m a z i n g. They performed a little of Maxstep - just a little - and the girls performed with so much power. It was just....wow. Sadly, it was then when i got my fainting spells :'( pushed my way to the back and asked for water since they didn't allow me to buy some before the show. They gave it to me for free while the water they sold was like $4 HAHA.

The Queen Of K-pop appeared and honestly IT FELT EXTREMELY SURREAL seeing her live. More than any of the other acts. Seeing BoA and KangTa was just so unbelievable. I know when i was told i couldn't go for smtownsg, i cried over not being able to see BoA and KangTa the most. I'm not their stan, but i just admire them so much. I couldn't cheer very much because of my fainting spells though :( but when she sand Number One, i forced myself to cheer very loudly. I love that song. I didn't watch her dance though, because i was sitting down and drinking my water..... and i kind of regret it now, but there are always fancams :)

Internet War was quite scary to witness live. Jjong tried to be cool at the start but he dropped his mic instead. There was no feedback though thank goodness. His abs are very glorious i have to say *-* but he should stop working out imo. His body posture is getting quite bad >< Really loved the ending post so much oh JongTae.

TVXQ performed Humanoids ohmygosh. i got so excited and was singing along hehehe 'COS WE ARE HUUUUMAAAANOIDS! a lot of people around me were like "what song?" and i was just giggling to myself because Shervin was in front :p They performed Catch Me too as the second last item. It was pure happiness for me.

It started to rain during Only One and i missed the whole thing because i was frantically trying to get my poncho on :'( missed the whole collab sigh. Everyone around me was like "eh we missed the whole thing leh" :( f(x) and SHINee were really professional though, performing in the rain! I didn't only cheer for Electric Shock and  Sherlock but clapped as well because yes, they performed in the rain with all smiles :) the other acts after that were just under the sheltered part of the stage.

The VCRs were so sweet too.  I was tearing when the artistes just kept repeating that everyone becomes one when they're in SMTOWN, that SM music brings everyone together, and I cried during the I Am segment. Really wanted them to sing Dear My Family live though, everyone was singing/screaming along to the instrumental :')

When i heard the starting of Hope, i was so glad because all i wanted from SMTown was that song (plus all the collabs) yet disappointed because i knew it was coming to an end. And yes, i cried again. They showed the lyrics on the screen so of course i cried, because i always cry watching/listening to it with subs </3

My withdrawals aren't very strong, maybe because there wasn't much fanservice, but i feel really......heartbroken for some reason. I expected more from smtown tbh, and i guess the LED screen at my side  not working made everything tiring because we had to either watch the small people or tilt our heads to the other LED screens, but I'm just so glad and happy that i got this opportunity after all.

I would be greedy and hope that i can go for SWC II as well, because i think that would be so much better, but there is no way the 'rents would allow me to go, seeing that i wasn't supposed to go for smtownsg in the first place. It's disappointing, really, having to disappoint the boys AND myself, because SWC is really a night for just SHINee and Shawols only.

Just so glad and so grateful to Shervin for getting me the ticket and to God of course, who helped to make everything work out. Maybe I should be grateful to the 'rents too since they let me go, even if they weren't very nice in some things they said, but who am i to ask for more?


Anyway, many of the SM artistes tweeted about SMTown SG, and i'm just so happy. They've (or SHINee, for one) never given Singapore much thoughts and reaction because of some of the really crazy fans, but i'm just glad that they did this time ^^ even though Key me2'ed about Thailand and not Singapore grr. He always does that! Me2'ing about other countries but not Singapore... maybe we're not as significant? ᄏᄏBut i still love him as much nonetheless~

"God said that everything would work out, not that everything would make sense."

Thank you for everything. The experience was so amazing that I can't even put it into words, and I don't think i can ever thank you enough because i just want to keep repeating those two words. See you again, SMTOWN. See you again, SHINee.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment