Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013


because Tampines is amazing :*

This is a late New Year post to all my readers of this blog (if any) so HAPPY NEW YEAR! /pops confetti/ have you been settling down well in school?

A quick overview on 2012 for this post.

2012 was truly a year of ups and downs. I would label it as the worst year yet, but it's close. It was the year that the world was supposed to end, and I remember being a little disappointed that it didn't.

I've got many opportunities last year though, one of them becoming a POP. I was also more involved in AV, helping out for major events such as Speech Day and TK Nite, and also making friends with some of the seniors, to the point where we can casually wave to one another or joke/fool around during duty :D

CmPS was one hell of an experience, but it taught me how to work better with others, and I've also gotten closer to many other people.

I'm so grateful to 17220 as well, and although we only found the group in the second half of the year after we each went through so much on our own, we had so much fun as one, and I really miss them.

The LDS activities last year taught me a fair amount as well, about how everything may not go your way etc. I also got many opportunities, such as the ST workshops, which I love other than the fact that it's all the way at Bradell (I think), and of course, Camp RE:ACT.

Camp RE:ACT was like a short SuperCamp last year and I'm really so thankful for the new friends I've made and the things I've learnt from the facils. Reiko and Victoria, especially. We still keep in touch, because K-Pop bonded us.

SMTOWN was an amazing experience, and I think giving me a chance to go for it is actually giving me motivation to study harder. I'm so grateful to Shervin for that, and so glad that my parents gave me the chance.

Last but definitely not least, there's SHINee. The group I've been with for 3 years now, and I'm still with them. I wasn't with them since their debut, neither are they my first kpop group, but I'm thankful for their existence, and I don't think I'm leaving SHINee World anytime soon. The 5 of them gave me joy, confirmed my ability to feel, and are definitely inspiring. Their comeback was the first I ever experienced (kudos to me liking them only during their Hello GOODBYE stage), and it was magical. I'm thankful for SNSD and f(x) as well, for being my inspiration, and for giving me hope.

It's funny this the year flew past, yet I wouldn't say that I achieved anything big. To be honest, it's like the holidays never started, and it doesn't feel like 2013 has already started either.


Anyway, I've got so many things I want to achieve in 2013, both big and small. Going for SMTOWN has actually given me the motivation to study properly for once, and i'm going to try my best to stick to it. I'm not going to say it's my new year's resolution, because i think if you really want to change something, you don't have to wait for the new year to do it. Then by the side, I have my own goals and dreams which i want to attain.

I honestly think that this year is going to be a good year, better than 2012 if anything. If not, I just don't want it to be as terrible as 2012. 2012 currently has a really bad label for me . 
I had more slumps than ever, but i guess i've also grown stronger emotionally. It made me realize who my true friends were. I'm never looking forward to another leap year again, and I personally hope 2013 has a lot of opportunities and pleasant surprises in store for me.

Happy (belated) New Year once again, and receive lots of blessings! <3

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment